I'm not sure why I feel the need to update this blog on Mondays...maybe to recap from the weekend? Maybe to procrastinate at work at the beginning of a long week? Regardless, I hope my ramblings make your Monday a little more bearable, albeit there are no photos. But I promise this glimpse into our weekend will make you feel better about yours...because honestly, its not too terribly exciting :)
Saturday I worked, every now and then stoping to stare at the beauitful sunshine and clear sky laughing at me. After arriving home a little grumpy (due to an issue at Zales-I'll get to that in a minute) I decided JoJo's for dinner was the perfect fix. JoJo's is a mom and pop ice cream venue that has massive lines every night during the spring and summer months. Definitley no Cold Stone, but their concoctions are cute and unique. Perfect.
So when I woke up on Sunday, seeing JoJo's stuck to my love handles, I decided a nice long run was desparately needed. And since I've been getting pressure for doing a half marathon, I laced up my sneakers and decided this was going to be a serious run. There is a loop around the entire base that stretches 10 miles. And yes, ladies and gentlemen, I accomplished this feat. Of course, my pace was less than stellar but the fact that I finished counts for something, right? My self confidence got the best of me before I started so I had Nick promise to drive the loop an hour into my run to make sure I wasn't passed out on the side of the road. But man was it hot! And my round cherry face proved it!
Sunday evening we had Phil, Angela and Milleigh over for dinner. Milleigh is Nick's Goddaughter so its always a blast spending time with them. But now I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take pictures because Nick was being so amazing with her. Heck, she even went to him without crying! She such a good baby and so happy...grr...these would have been good pictures!
Now onto Zales. I lost a diamond in my wedding ring a few days ago so carrying my warranty and guarantee in hand, marched over to Zales and was told it would be ready and waiting for me on Saturday. They told me they would have to perform rhodium (?) to clean the ring after working on it and even though it looks great and brand new...geez! The repairs cost more than the diamond would have. I think I got scammed and made a fuss about it only to have the woman try to explain everything to me in broken English. Frustrated, I handed over my credit card, entirely disappointed.
I could definitely keep rambling, but I've already wasted a good 45 minutes at work and should consider being productive. Until next Monday...
4 comments:
That stinks about your ring. Read your contract again. Did you have to pay for the entire repair job or just the cleaning? And Rodium (sorry, can't spell) is when they dip the ring in white gold and buff it to a shine. It gets rid of all yellow dullness that comes with wear and tear.
Besides that, your weekend sounds great. I wish I could run 10 miles but I'd settle for 3 miles with this belly.
Jewelry stores are like drive throughs...they always F you!!
But, good for you on the running! We sure missed you this weekend. One day it will all be worth it, though...I promise. And when you are in the next phase, there will still be all the same opportunities. I always felt grumpy and left out on the weekends I had to work or miss something during the week with all the non workers...but when I moved into that group I realize that I am glad to have those years of work experience and money.
Mandy
I remember having to work weekends at Wells Fargo and on Christmas Eve! Having to call mom to tell her to take Kyle outside so he could enjoy the snow broke my heart. This is the reason I am now teaching!
Sorry about the diamond. I would definitely check your warranty again. You would think a warranty would cover something like that. Did you try speaking to a manager? Call back and see what someone "higher up" says. It does not hurt to try.
Oh yeah, Kyle is asking when we can go back to Virginia so he can play on the playground?
yikes - did you lose the diamond completely??? my mom lost her diamond at Disney World when i was little...but we (she) was lucky and found it at the bottom of her purse! the happiest place on earth went from happy to sad to happy all in a short hour!!! :)
anyway...way to go with your run!!! i have always wanted to run the loop (since i was a kid), but i always get nervous. i love how you had nick come check on you...that makes it better!! good on you for finishing - that is a huge accomplishment!!! :)
oh - and the being left out thing...well, we have talked about it before. hugs to you!
AND - last thing...promise! I LOVE your monday updates!! :)
Post a Comment