Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Have you ever read a book so entertaining that when you're done you feel a bit...sad? And you really miss those characters? Thats how I feel right now after finishing The Other Boleyn Girl. 16th century royalty has never interested me before, so I admit I was really hesitant to start 500 pages of gaudy history. But let me stand corrected, for I wouldn't be writing a post about a book if I didn't feel so strongly about the writing and story line. The most compelling part? Its true.

So what have I been doing for the past few days since I finished this masterpiece? I've become obsessed with King Henry VIII, Queen Anne, Mary Boleyn, Windsor Castle, all the history this book so beautifully describes. Not surprising though, I did the same thing my freshman year of college when I became obsessed with the Beatles and was convinced I was born 40 years too late. Nick thinks I'm the biggest nerd this side of the Mississippi, and I'd have to agree. What 29 year old do you know is looking up artifacts from the 1500's that belonged to Anne Boleyn? I'm just too darn curious about this time period. I'm begging Nick to take me to England so we can go explore castles, but that will have to wait until, oh, don't hold your breath time.

Just thought I'd share a wonderful book for those who might be interested. There are 5 more books in this series and I'm jumping on them right away, right after I polish my pocket protector.


3 comments:

benarinn said...

if that makes you a nerd, call me nerdy too! xoxo

Tina said...

i've been searching for a new book to read. nothing has grabbed me yet so i'll check this book out at the library. thanks for the tip.

Sew Stella said...

you have to read the others... even though The Other Boleyn Girl is my favorite...

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...