Thursday, November 14, 2013

Every morning, after yet another sleepless night, I vow to myself that I will go to bed as soon as Audrey does.  That at 11:30 this morning I had no idea how the heck I was going to make it through the day.  But here I am, Audrey is asleep and I'm updating this blog while eating peanut butter out of the container.  

Ethan was held for the first time by a man at a little over a month old.  I realized it when this happened that he had only been held by women.  So weird.  This is Ryan, one of our good friends that we have known for a long time.  Nick said he was a little sad that he wasn't the first man to hold his son, but if it had to be any one else, he was happy it was Ryan.


A friend's mother in law painted this for Audrey for her birthday and I'm so impressed!  Mainly, I'm also impressed that its taken me nearly 4 months to document this.


Not only was November 10th the 238th birthday of the Marine Corps, it was also Ethan's one month birthday.


By the way, did anyone find it strange to call their child by their name?  We called him Peanut from the day we found out it was a boy and its stuck.  I've also called him Audrey on a few occasions.  And Nick has also slipped out.  


LIke I mentioned previously, Audrey is having a rough time with the new baby.  I knew she needed one on one time with me to confirm that I still love her and that she was just as important, so when a friend offered to watch Ethan for a short time in the morning, I jumped at the chance.  We didn't do anything over the top.  We went to Barnes and Noble and had chocolate milk and cookies.  Then we walked around the mall and held hands.  


A couple of mornings ago, we woke up to SNOW!  Actually, I was up anyways at 2am and happened to notice it at that time, but waited until morning to tell Audrey.  She enjoyed frolicking in the snow,



and then proceeded to eat the snow.


I realize I don't have any pictures with my son and I and probably won't until Nick gets home so I've tried to snap a few self pictures…yeah, not quite what I was going for.







1 comment:

Tina said...

Nick,
I'm sure you read these comments. Ryan was so excited to hold Ethan, and we were thinking about you the entire time! We kept saying how much he looks like you. That Ryan was holding mini-Nick. Can't wait for you to come home to hold your family again. Missing you!
~Tina

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...