How many times have I started a blog post with an apology, or an excuse as to why so much time has elapsed between updates? Many times. The reason is not because I was lacking in content, but rather time. I realize it takes a mere 5-10 minutes to update a blog...for any "normal" person. For me, for someone who is known to be a perfectionist, a blog update meant at least an hour to edit pictures, edit my writing, re-edit my writing, deleting everything, then starting from scratch. I was too hard on myself if my words weren't witty enough or my writing not perfect. So, my blog posts tended to take an extraordinary amount of time, and because of that, I was left with blank pages. I regret that. I regret so many milestones and events not being documented for fear of not being perfect with this silly little blog. Silly little me. I don't know who reads this, I may never know. I need to stop pretending this the whole world is reading, because let's face, they aren't. I see this blog, from here on, being full of un-edited pictures, misspelled words, too many commas (a fault of mine), jumbled sentences, and gasp! maybe even ending a sentence with a preposition. It won't be perfect.
Unlike, Nick, who happens to make anything he touches perfect. A mantel? Check. Its perfect. This sweet gun display for Ethan's room? Check.
Accomplishing yard work while watching the kids? Check. I find this photo so humorous. I was pulling weeds, Nick was fertilizing, but Elle kept running into the street so this was the only option we had to accomplish any kind of work outside.
I'm loving these spring evenings. We stay outside until 7:30, eat dinner outside, visit with neighbors, and just truly enjoy this life we have. Nick leaves for two weeks on Thursday and we will miss him terribly. Only two weeks, and I wonder how I did seven months without him. He's such an amazing husband, friend, father, that two weeks will be a little challenging. Maybe that means my lonesome evenings will be full of blog updates? One can hope. And that one would be me, because like I said, who reads this???
No comments:
Post a Comment