After being off for nearly a month, today is Nick's first day at his new job in North Carolina. He is back to the fleet after nearly 4.5 years and I have a feeling he is going to love what these next few years bring.
We have really enjoyed his time off and soaked up every second of him being home. We have spent countless hours (minutes...? toddlers do don't anything for long stretches of time) walking the piers around the island and looking for fish:
We have explored a lot of parks and I laughed SO hard when Nick joined in on the fun and sat in this spinning teacup. Seriously, this thing was hilarious and vomit inducing both at the same time.
We tried some Italian Ice, which received two thumbs from Audrey. We will definitely be going back, mainly because the lady who owned the tiny shop was so incredibly sweet. Customer service is everything.
We have spent our days here in NC jumping from place to place and have exhausted this energetic toddler. You know its a good day when you are too exhausted to put on clothes for dinner.
We have about one more month in the beach house until we move on base. We stalked our house (again) the other day and this time I snapped a picture. It was built in 1941, so the outside is a bit deceiving. The inside has been renovated and I'm pleased with the results. However, its definitely smaller than our Quantico house so its a considerable downsize. But the front lawns are HUGE on this street and there are kids galore so I think the majority of our time will be spent outside.
Unfortunately (no, probably fortunately), driving through a military base neighborhood means you will see a ton of parks, but once Audrey saw them from her carseat, all hell broke loose. So we stopped for a few minutes and trying to prolong getting back in her car seat, she got her first driving lesson from daddy. Ok, so the car didn't really move, but still. Its a cute picture.
I know I've mentioned how much Audrey loves the water. But oh my word! Water is in her blood. She is a fish and showed no fear at the pool.
Nick says this is her Karate Kid's "Praying Mantis" pose, but I think she is perfecting her surfing posture.
Hopefully I can get two cute videos to upload properly later today.





No comments:
Post a Comment