Monday, June 4, 2012

Verdict is in:  Audrey is a water buffalo.  This little girl enjoys nothing more than being near water.  Good thing she can rock the pink flamingo swimsuit all season.


We went "fishing" near Surf City (what a cool name for a city!) and while Audrey mainly observed, she was still in hog heaven looking for the fishies.


It wouldn't be coastal North Carolina without a place called "Trailer Bar."  We are definitely a far cry from the swanky hotspots in DC.


The view from our living room.  While the commute (45 minutes to anything) is starting to drive us bonkers, we are able to wake up every morning and be thankful to have this view for a few more weeks.


And by a few more weeks, I mean until around July 5th.  We accepted a house on base and are pleased with the location and design.  I will post a picture next time we stalk and drive by it.  But we will have  a lot of work cut out for us once we move in.  Fencing, painting, and landscaping.  All of which I'm clueless about.  We found ourselves at Lowe's on a Sunday morning checking out paint samples while Audrey got free rides from dad.


1 comment:

Tina said...

SOOO excited you got a house on base! Get ceiling fans, because if there was any square footage added onto the house, your AC unit won't keep up. Enjoy the beach views while you can! We'll have to have beach playdates after you move in!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...