Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I'm sitting here quite...uncomfortable...right now.  Just in the last 10 minutes I feel like baby boy is sitting differently.  I feel a bit of pressure in my nether regions and am getting anxious.  Of course, this could all be in my head considering I SWORE he had dropped two weeks ago only to find out at my doctor's appointment there was no change.  I'm going to go with everything is in my head considering I usually do over analyze everything and because I have no idea what to expect since I never labored with Audrey. I just put her to bed and nothing else seems remotely worthy right now except updating this blog, because I want to recount this past weekend with Aunt Diana.  

Diana, I know you are usually the first person to refresh and read this blog, so I want to start off by saying thank you.  For the million things you did while here.  For cleaning every surface.  For making us meals (chili cheese fries, anyone?).  For giving Audrey her baths.  For forcing me to take a bubble bath with candles and celtic music.  For letting me take a nap.  For letting me cry when I had a particularly tough moment. And holding my hand while I did it.  Thank you.

Let's start off with waiting at the airport where Audrey couldn't take her eyes off the airplane.


We had pretty decent weather the entire weekend so Diana and Audrey got in plenty of bike riding time.


We made a trip to the PX and these two played around with the punching bags, just like something Nick would have done.


In the last few weeks, Audrey has been completely obsessed with caterpillars.  When I mentioned this to Nick during our last phone conversation, he wasn't amused.  I guess some caterpillars can be poisonous so he made Audrey promise not to touch or collect anymore.  So Diana thought of the next best option:  earthworms!  We bought a box of 12 at the PX and Audrey was in HEAVEN.  She carried these slimy things around everywhere, shared them with the neighborhood kids, and talked about them nonstop.  



She also captured this little frog and was so sad when he escaped.  Seriously.  This girl has NO fear.  I absolutely refused to touch the earthworms and the frog.


Oh, did I mention that Diana gave the dogs much needed baths?  Not once, but twice.  She also helped me take them to the world's longest vet appointment where the vet listed off a variety of medical ailments for Wayne.  All I could do was shake my head.  Oh Wayne.  


Friday afternoon, in hopes of getting baby to do SOMETHING, we headed to the indoor pool.  Audrey's signature moment was when she refused to jump only if the other people stopped to watch her.  Extrovert.


In yet another attempt to get my body working, we set out for a walk, which turned into a full out run because it started pouring.  A friend happened to drive by and seeing me running with a huge 39 week belly, pulled over to stop and see if we needed help.  We declined because running in the rain is quite fun and Audrey, never the miss priss, didn't even bat an eyelash.


What. A. Ham.


One morning we were all laying in bed and I asked Audrey what she wanted for breakfast.  Her response was dunk eggs (of course) but then Aunt Diana persuaded her pink donuts would be more fun.



Audrey painted Aunt Diana's toe nails:


And I attempted to paint hers.  You can tell with a big belly this was hard to do.


Saying good bye at the airport.  There were tears from everyone.


One last kiss goodbye.  Audrey was sobbing so hard on the walk back to the car and could barely catch her breath on the drive home saying "I...miss...Aunt...Diana."  


We tried everything to get Peanut to arrive during Diana's visit.  I ate almost an entire plate of jalapeños:


In addition, I:  finished off roughly two pineapples in two days, drank red raspberry leaf tea, took my evening primrose oil capsules, went swimming, walked/jogged 3-4 miles every day, did a ton of squats, and Diana massaged all of the labor inducing pressure points.  So we can't say we didn't try, but this baby just isn't ready to make his appearance right now.  Tomorrow, October 9th, is my due date and this seems surreal.  I'm anxious to meet him.  I want to see what he looks like, whose nose and eyes he has. I want to hold my baby so much, but every day that he stays in his cocoon is one less day that Nick is missing.  So I can sacrifice my body a bit longer if needed for this little boy to finally be ready.  

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I'm so glad Diana was there! She is amazing! I'm excited for this baby too, but when he's ready it will be fabulous!!!
Love you!

diana said...

Come on peanut!! It's time! The next blog will have amazing pictures of your little boy. I am so excited.

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...