Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome Home 2/7 Echo!

Prayers have been answered!

Marines from 2/7 Echo arrived home safely this past week after a seven month deployment to Afghanistan. This included the husbands of two friends, Carolyn and Erica, who I met while in Twentynine Palms, California. These two women are simply amazing. Erica has twin girls under the age of two with a third girl on the way and Carolyn gave birth to her first baby...all while their husbands were deployed. So welcome home Brandon and Mike-you both have so much to look forward to with your beautiful families!

I'm posting a link to Carolyn's homecoming pictures. Seeing Brandon meet his baby girl for the first time can make anyone tear up. I know all my military friends will appreciate these because we've all been there (some of us minus the kids). If I may say so myself, military wives are some of the strongest, bravest women on this earth and I thank my lucky stars for every single one I've been blessed to meet.

Carolyn's homecoming pictures: http://brandonandcarolynschroder.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Steph said...

Laura - that is awesome!!! I always love to see homecoming pictures!!!

Mandy said...

Welcome Home to all of our heroes in 2/7!!!!

Brandon and Carolyn Schroder said...

Thank you- you are so sweet! It was a great day! We so miss you even though we only just met! Hahahaha

Crazy Love said...

Thank you for your prayers!!!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...