Whew. Finally a moment to update this blog! Nick and I have been working like dogs. My work has been crazy with a million different projects going on at the same time and some days we are running around frazzled and confused. There are times when we just laugh or we'll cry. Its chaotic but I love the feeling feeling of such success at the end of the day even if its exhausting.
So why are we so busy all of a sudden? Unfortunately, my department, Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, was "The Biggest Loser" for 2008, having the largest profit deficit. The CEO was hounding my boss to let one of us go. Since I was the last one hired...I figured it would be me. Everyone was worried, sick to our stomachs, walking on pins and needles for a few days. It was awful! But we get a second chance to prove ourselves in 2009 so we've signed up for tons of new projects to generate revenue, including cytogenetics (and I'm the only one who does this). So if all this craziness means I'll keep my job...then bring it on!
Ok...where am I going with this? Since we know my job is secure, Nick and I can plan a dream vacation. His Warrant Officer company graduates May 22nd and he picks up the 2nd Lts. June 22nd so we'll have exactly one month to go on a little excursion. We've done some researching and we are planning on visiting:
Italy! We've heard from various people how wonderful the country is and just have to see for ourselves. The plan is to fly into Rome, stay for a few days, visit the Vatican, then travel to another city....maybe Venice or Florence. Haven't decided yet. We are both thrilled and cannot wait and talk about it on a daily basis!
So where does this lead us? Nick and I have always said we won't even begin to think about kids until we've traveled to Europe. So...in addition to buying the Italy book, we also bought this:
...just to maybe start thinking about kids.
I have a feeling life is only going to get better from here!
Have a great week everyone!
P.S. We really did buy these books and I was going to take pictures of them but I seem to have misplaced my camera :)


4 comments:
Oh boy...Italy!!! How fun! I don't know for sure since I have never been there...but I will live vicariously through you!!! Well, I guess with your trip being a bit off...that gives you time to "get ready" for baby making while you are on said trip?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! hmmmm...I see a March baby coming soon... *wink, wink*
see you soon...try to get some relaxing done!!!
I must agree with usmcfamily04 in that we would like to hear of good baby news come August, wink wink!! Have fun in Europe, Ryan actually made the comment that he'd like to go over there someday...glad you guys can take one trip before the sounds of little feet!
My bff went to Italy on her honeymoon...I'm sure I could hit her up for good advice if you want her opinion! :)
aaah - and baby time...fun! :) Tony and I would need a book for boy's names...we can NOT agree on a little boy's name...but we know EXACTLY what we would name a little girl...Mackenzie Elizabeth! :) (hhaa - i'm talking about kids like i'm planning on having one...)
have fun planning all your fun! oh - and march babies are great...especially if their birthday's are March 18th! :)
All I have to say is bring me back some wine from Italy and March or November babies are the best! Good luck with planning your trip AND your baby making!
Post a Comment