Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fabulous Weather

Wouldn't you know? As soon as my family leaves, we have absolutely gorgeous weather which would have perfect for sightseeing. This past weekend was so perfect that you just had to be outside soaking up the sun and getting geared up for spring. So Nick and I decided to head to the National Zoo and I guess our standards were set a little high after the San Diego Zoo...which is AWESOME...so we were a little disappointed in DC's zoo. Oh well, we still had a good time being outside and enjoyed a relaxing Sunday.


Pgmy Hippopotamus. Can you see the resemblance to Stanley?




Yes, I'm posing next to an anteater. For some reason, these are one of my favorite animals at the zoo. I think its because they are so ugly and rare and just...weird. But they didn't have them out so I had to settle for the statue.


World's longest escalator, or so it seemed. Yeah, I looked like such a tourist taking a picture of a darn escalator but seriously, this thing was never-ending. So of course, Nick and I raced to the top :) Sorry the picture is so dark.

2 comments:

Steph said...

so cute - and I love how you guys have self photos in there! Tony hates when I want to take pictures like that...but i do it ALL THE TIME! HAHHAHA!! :)

yeah, i guess what really makes a difference in the two zoos...is MONEY! Thank goodness the National Zoo is FREE - because wouldn't you be beyond bummed to have paid for it??!!! :) But, maybe if they start charging people - then it would become a better zoo! oh well - glad you had a good time, regardless!! :)

Crazy Love said...

Hi!! I hope you are doing well..the National Zoo is a bit disappointing after the SD zoo..you can't really beat that one! I hope you are well and VA is treating you well!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...