Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Winter Wonderland

As we listened to the weather reports Sunday evening and braced for the winter storm headed our way, I couldn't help but feel a bit excited...and not only because I would hopefully miss a day of work :) I realize the pictures I posted a few weeks ago of our first snowfall were pretty pathetic compared to what was in store for us this time. Everyone's measurements are different, but our backyard held a whopping 81/2 inches! Everything was (and still is) covered in a beautiful white, but I can definitely see where dealing with this everyday would get frustrating and inconvenient. I'm thinking a good snow once a winter is sufficient. Nonetheless, I still had to bundle up and take some pictures.

View from out front door...you couldn't see the distinction between the road and curbs

Backyard patio table...

Showing how deep the snow is...Nick's motorcycle boots came in very handy :)

This prevented Wayne and Stanley from venturing outside...

...but once they did, they were "up to their elbows" in snow! Ha!

Snow drift in front of the garage reached about 2 feet. This was reason enough not to go to work.


Almost 9 inches!

Spotlight in front of our house almost completely covered.

What a good day to snuggle up with the one you love! Except Nick had to work :(

Onto a completely unrelated topic (mainly for you Carolyn!) my reflexology was amazing! Maybe it was all in my head, but I swore whenever she would apply pressure to a different area, I could feel that part of my body tingle and relax. I think I even drooled a couple of times :) My plantar fasciitis was especially tender that day but I didn't even flinch during the massage so I'm thinking she knew what she was doing. Of course I know its not a cure but it did relieve some of the pain but next time I will go for an hour because those 30 minutes went way too fast. The day was sealed off with a great dinner at Eat Bar with Patrice and Bret. Thanks guys for the good laughs!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I love the snow!!! And I agree that one good snow fall a winter is good enough. The dogs looks comfy on the couch and I hope you had lots of hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing.

Steph said...

i loved our snow storm...but now that it has happened, and i got my day off from work...i'm ready for it all to melt and the warmer temps to come! BRING ON SPRING!!! :)

oh - and yes, i think you can get individual tickets...you will just have to move fast when they go on sale...i'm sure some of those concerts will sell out FAST!

Brandon and Carolyn Schroder said...

Holy Snow. I bet Quantico looks so beautiful right now! And the puppies cuddling- that is priceless.

As for the reflexology- oh my gosh- drool... okay- i have to go. That is so something I would do. Hahaha... I wonder if they'll work on a pregnant woman- because i have heard you can induce labor by touching certain points in the feet... we'll see. Good to know- thanks... I will try it!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...