Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Somebody was not happy taking her 8 month picture yesterday, but its proof to show how red her hair is turning. Maybe a beautiful strawberry blonde color like my sister's? Or a deep red like Julianne Moore? How the heck did Nick and I make a blue eyed, red-haired baby?


I'm starting to see her personality. She's a thinker. A quiet observer. Content. Shy almost. Perfect.

And full of smiles and belly laughs. She's my baby and I had no idea I could love like this.


And you know what made yesterday even more special? When I came downstairs in the morning and found this hanging on the wall, courtesy of Nick:



Something so simple. Probably took less than a minute. Free. And it meant more to me than any fancy dinner out or expensive piece of jewelry. And for no reason, which is the perfect reason of all.

So, for the (few) of you who read this, whether you've been married 2 months or 61 years (my popo & grandma) I encourage you to do this for you love, your best friend, the person you fell in love with. Leave a love note. A sticky note saying "I love you" placed on the steering wheel of his car so its a surprise when he heads to work in the morning. Even an email, with the words "I love you" and thats all. Trust me, this simple act will mean more than you know.

3 comments:

Tina said...

You definitely snagged a keeper!

Patrice said...

Thank you for taking the time to share your lives with all of us that live soooo far away. We love you all very much.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

i felt the same way when shawn came home with a smores ice cream from jojo's last night for me that he picked up after his coaches meeting, his hands were freezing when he came in and i was like "what the heck" its warm out why are you so cold, and he said that he had cranked the air conditioner so that it didn't melt by the time he got home because he knows i hate it when it becomes a sloppy mess :) we lucked out with these guys :)

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...