Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yesterday was just an odd day. I even googled to see if it was a full moon, as I needed a reason why my universe felt off balance. Maybe because the cold, drizzly weather was looming over my head like a black cloud (pun intended). Maybe it was because I ate half a bag of twizzlers for breakfast?

The day started with me receiving news from work that I missed something, something I should have caught. Now I'm second guessing myself and my confidence level shrunk a bit.

Then while doing laundry (aren't my days so fabulous and exciting?) I noticed the clothes weren't coming out clean. How long has this been happening? Have I been putting away dirty clothes that I thought were clean? I know, gross. Then this weird fume started coming from the laundry room and being super paranoid that I am, unplugged everything and opened all the windows. The temperature was 44. I stared at the washer and dryer for a good 5 minutes, waiting for something to happen. I don't know what would happen, but I was too scared to leave the room. Then I mentally kicked myself for not having a fire extinguisher in the house. Thankfully, I think the "fumes" may have just been in my head. Or maybe it was coming from Wayne and Stanley's cage. I know we shouldn't have fed them left over ribs the night before.

The rest of the day I felt extremely nauseous and just "off." Combined with an intense sense of smell...wait a minute...could I be...whew! Definitely not pregnant :)

Anyways, there is a picture to this post that made me laugh and gasp at the same time. When we got home from the commissary (again, my days are so note worthy) I smelled an odor that was immediately recognizable coming from my sweet baby (again, super nose yesterday). This "gift" was a monster, the type that you have to change their entire outfit and sometimes even yourself as well. So as I gathered up all her soiled clothes and turned my back for ONE SECOND to toss them outside to release the odor from our house, and I see this:


What the? When did she learn to climb? In one millisecond they can pick that up? And she wanted no other toys but this bundle of toilet paper for the rest of the day.

But maybe yesterday's strange sensation was more of a panic? Because March 30th marked exactly 7 months until Nick and I run our first very marathon together. Take that bucket list! We will run the Marine Corps marathon on October 30th, which is supposedly one of the best marathons in the country with a route full of monuments and scenic views. I figured it was now or never to torture my body with 26.2 miles of pavement. Let's hope my body can keep up with my mind for some grueling training that is sure to fill my life for the next few months.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I was wondering the same thing Miss Super-Nose, pregnant? Alas you are not. Did Nick figure out what was wrong with the washer and dryer? Dirty vent line?
Way to go for running the MC Marathon. I'll be there cheering you guys on as Ryan is running it too!! I will be living vicariously through you guys!!

Tina said...

Oh, and Audrey is so adorable climbing tp with a naked tush! just wait til she gets away from you and tinkles on the carpet looking down thinking, "what's that?"

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...