Saturday, June 18, 2011

When it rains, it pours. Things happen in threes. Friday the 17th? Is that a cursed day?

Yesterday was one of those days. Actually, it all started the night before. We should have realized the powers above were against us while caught in the middle of a rainstorm riding on a motorcycle. That was only the beginning.

Thanks to the rain, one of the blinkers stopped working, a mere 24 hours from when we were to hand over the bike to the buyer. Mr. Fix It spent the entire night taking apart the bike, piece by piece, trying to diagnose and fix the problem. From the exasperated look on his face, I knew the answer was not pretty and the blinker was still being defiant. The next morning, with the bike still spread around the garage and not a clue what we were going to tell the buyer, I decided to go for a run with the jogging stroller. Mid way through the run, I pushed back the visor and little shiny things went flying. Screws from the bike that Nick had so carefully placed on the stroller. I spent 30 minutes searching for the screws and came up with only 9 out of 10.

Three hours until we sell the bike. No blinker, no screw, bike in pieces. This is where I tracked in mud through the entire house and spilled a jug of water in the kitchen. Nick came home and I decided to drive back to the infamous sight and dig again for the screw. First went to grab my phone. Couldn't find it anywhere, in the house, in the car, in the trash. No where to be found. We called my phone continuously until astonishingly a friend answered. She found my phone in the middle of the street, just waiting to be run over. Seriously? In the middle of the street? It was only 9 in the morning at this point.

Luckily, Nick found a replacement screw, the buyer was anxious and said he would take care of the blinker, and we were good to go. Good to go sit in the car for 4.5 hours delivering this bike thanks to I95 traffic on a Friday afternoon. Guess who doesn't like to sit in her carseat for 4.5 hours and was fussy the entire time? Poor thing.

I thought for sure we were testing our luck even getting on the highway with the rate we were heading. I wanted to close the blinds and hide inside for the rest of the day in case the sky fell on us. Let's hope today is better. I'm thinking a double cup of coffee and some chocolate for breakfast will do the trick.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my. Sounds like everything went crazy at once but it all worked itself out! Sorry your day was so bad. Did your weekend improve? I bet it did!!

Sew Stella said...

oh man! I feel your pain--have been there... it seems like I have a day like that every couple weeks!!! It can only get better,huh?

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...