Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our week in Texas was absolutely wonderful. Exhausting and chaotic at times? Yes. But definitely worth it as we got to spend some quality time with family and good friends. So let's do a quick recap:

Thanks to a half full flight, we had the back eight rows to ourselves, making this the best airplane experience we have had with a baby.


Playing with Grandpa and putting her feelers out for the new dogs in town. Big surprise, she loved them.


Patiently waiting during some portraits and playing with cousin Kyle who has a knack for getting her to smile and laugh.


A highlight of our trip home was taking a day trip to our alma mater, Texas A&M. Here we are outside my freshmen year dorm, bringing back some wonderful memories.

Under the Century Tree. Tradition is to get engaged under this tree. Nick proposed in a bowl of ice cream. Kinda the same.

Taking a picture in the newly remodeled Evans Library, making me a top competitor for Nerd of the Year.


Enjoying lunch at The Chicken. If you are an Aggie, this needs no explanation. If you aren't an Aggie, The Chicken is the signature bar/hangout in College Station that will always remain a tradition.


We dined on some REAL Mexican food at Tia Tuachans (sp?) back in Houston and Audrey had a mini birthday celebration, sung in Spanish.


She spent lots of time in the pool with Aunt Diana and Aunt Laura. I believe this was taken right before the diaper was tossed, leading to the world's most notorious pool explosion, if you know what I mean. Frankly, don't remove the diaper.


Riding Sissie. She was literally kicking her legs so Sissie would move. Maybe a future jockey?


Thanks to Aunt Laura, Audrey got some kickin' water goggles. Hard not to laugh when she is wearing these.


Birthday time! Going with the whole Cookie Monster theme, I (with the help of others) made these Cookie Monster cupcakes. They turned out pretty adorable.


Drumroll please. The Cookie Monster cake: vanilla and cherry swirl with a cream cheese icing.

Janeal believed in the "Go big or go home" saying and bought everyone Cookie Monster tshirts.

Some would say we went over the top with the whole Cookie Monster theme, but I loved it, as I'm sure Audrey did too. But the Cookie Monster balloon next to Grandma? Kinda creepy.


Audrey was spoiled and walked away with quite the load of presents.


With much peer pressure, I caved and decided to give her the entire cake. She didn't eat it as much as she just squeezed it between her fingers. Sensory experience to the max.


I teared up when we sang Happy Birthday to her. I couldn't help myself.


While enjoying an evening of catching the latest Transformers movie, Audrey and Aunt Diana played dress up.


We ventured out to the grand metropolis of Moulton, Texas (population 885) to visit Great Grandma Pilat and other cousins we hadn't seen in years.


Girl's Weekend 2011 unfortunately only lasted one night, but I still had a blast meeting up with some college friends in Conroe.


Last dinner before we left Texas and Audrey enjoyed some time with her Aunt Suzanne.

...and grandpa...


...and Gaga!


Unfortunately, I forgot my camera to lots of other important events, but I'm sure you can see from all the other pictures that we had a blast celebrating Audrey's first birthday. Its good to be home but I always go through a bout of sadness after leaving "home." I'm already looking forward to the next time we head back to the Lone Star State, in less than three weeks. Thanks to everyone for making our trip home an awesome memory.


1 comment:

Patrice said...

What a wonderful visit! You packed so much in. I was laughing and thoroughly enjoyed all the pics.
Love you guys and have gifts to send......just slow getting them packed.
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...