So I have to admit, celebrating holidays is a bit more fun when you have kids, especially the Fourth of July. Sharing first experiences with a brand new mind is...simply awesome. We didn't celebrate with huge parades or fireworks or even a big group of family or friends. Here is what we did do:
I ran a 5 mile race that morning. See me waving with my hand in the air like a nerd? It was a great way to start the day and finishing 3rd in my division made it even better. Adrenaline during a race is a huge factor because I cannot, for the life of me, run that fast during my training days.
Here I am close to the finish line. I almost threw up here. Good thing I didn't, that wouldn't be a pretty picture.
We then put on our patriotic outfits for the day and headed to the Marine Corps Museum. Great place to spend a bit of the Fourth.
First we stopped at the park by the museum to burn off some energy.
Heck, I even practiced the monkey bars in preparation for the Tough Mudder in October.
After a VERY long morning, someone was pooped after the museum (which in my opinion, is the BEST museum around the D.C. area).
2 comments:
Looks like a marvelous day! What a darling dress!!!! Wish I could see you all in Texas.
Have a great trip.
Love you all Aunt Patrice
Go Laura! you look great! and i just adore her little outfit, having girls is so much fun isn't it :0)
Post a Comment