Tuesday, August 30, 2011

For some reason, the last few days (or has it been weeks? months?) I've been hearing Trace Adkins' song "You're Gonna Miss This" be the background music in my every day happenings. Never heard it before? I would highly recommend searching for a video because it makes you stop and grasp the world you are living in right at this moment.

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

I love my life right now. I love being a mom to such a sweet and beautiful little girl. I love spending my days with her. Last night I told Nick that I wouldn't trade these days for anything. Sure, getting married and moving out to sunny California as newlyweds and being footloose and fancy free was awesome and SO MUCH FUN. Living as DINKS (dual income no kids) was ridiculously exciting. While I'm so thankful for those days, I really feel like this moment in my life is the most rewarding, and I feel solucky to spend every waking moment with my daughter. I love how I love her. Does that make sense?

So yes Trace Adkins, I know one day I will look back at these sweet moments with Audrey and miss them. I know they are moving too fast. So when I think of this song, I do take a good look around, soak up the moment, and smile.

You should too.

1 comment:

Sew Stella said...

What a great reminder. That song always makes me cry, now that I have my little ones.... it is so true... they are growing so fast and I DO NOT appreciate it as I should...

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...