Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today is Nick's first day at school. EWS, or Expeditionary Warfare School, officially welcomed about 200 Captains into their 9 month classroom instruction on how to be...better officers? I'm not really sure what this class entails, but I do know Nick was extremely excited to get started. Maybe because he has had the last MONTH off from work and was ready to get back into the swing of things, or maybe because he really loves being a Marine that much? Regardless, I fell a bit more in love with him last night when he had everything laid out: his uniform, his shoes, his socks, his notepad, his daily planner, his new pens. Now that made me smile.

I took a picture of him in his uniform this morning and had every intention of posting in on here until he made me promise 5 million times that I wouldn't post it anywhere on the internet. Darn.

Here's to the next 9 months of a school that supposedly has an easy schedule. We'll take it, for I'm not looking forward to him going back to the fleet where deployments enter our world again.

No comments:

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...