Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Don't you think this dress is just adorable? My friend Mandy made it. In fact, she has her very own business and is an amazing seamstress. I've received numerous compliments on this dress, so thanks Mandy, for giving this little girl a very cute outfit.

We will be up at 3 in the morning to catch an early morning flight to Texas. I've never travelled on Thanksgiving (via the airports) and am certain having a toddler in tow will make things even more...interesting. I'm packing tons of snacks and new toys and am hoping a few downloaded videos of Yo Gabba Gabba will keep her entertained. Oh dear am I hoping.

I absolutely love this time of year and am thrilled to be spending the holiday with family. I'll never forget Thanksgiving 2007. Nick had recently arrived home from Iraq and we were in the process of moving from Oceanside, CA to 29 Palms, CA. Due to my crazy work schedule, the only day we could move was Thanksiving Day. We packed, hauled, and drove when other families around the nation were enjoying turkey, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Nick and I dined on frozen pizza and Little Debbie hostess cakes. We sat on the floor of an empty base house, no TV, no computer, nothing. But you know what? That is a Thanksgiving we will always remember. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...