Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hope all of you had a scrumptious Thanksgiving and are gearing up for Christmas. Our trip to Houston was wonderful and as always, I've been really homesick since leaving. Four days just simply isn't enough time to spend with both sets of families and knowing that we won't be home for Christmas just made this trip speed by entirely way too fast. If only we were a drive away from family, then leaving wouldn't be so hard. But the chance of us making a 21 hour drive is slim to none. Ugh. I miss home.

But, on the bright side, our holiday was absolutely awesome, as seen by the pictures below. Can you guess what Audrey did as soon as we arrived? She went straight for the dogs and proceeded to hug, kiss and ride all of them. I'm telling you, my money is on her becoming a vet. Here she is with sweet Sissi, who despite her old age, was very gentle and accommodating to this rambunctious little girl.

Ah, Thanksgiving in Texas wouldn't be complete without posing with a gun. I forget the name, the General? It was impressive.

And Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without a little football being thrown around.

To showcase what classy people we are, we took a family photo on top of Diana's Grand Marquis. The roof may or may not have caved in (thanks for being such a good sport, Diana)


After a whirlwind of a day with little sleep, we headed over to my family's part of town. Audrey LOVED playing with her cousins. I wonder if they know at such a young age who is family? Because even after so many months, Audrey had no problem jumping right in and playing with Kyle and Emerson. Oh how I wish we lived closer so they could grow up together.

Would have been a perfect picture with Gaga if Audrey was looking at the camera, but I think she was concentrating on a) the dog or b) food.

Because we won't be home for Christmas (tear) we celebrated a bit early.

I love how Audrey will mimic everything you do at this age...so much fun!


So funny! She would not stop hugging Emerson and pretty much had her squashed.


As if Thanksgiving wasn't crazy fun chaotic in itself, we then celebrated Great Grumma's 90th birthday the very next day. Isn't she a beautiful lady? (the next few pictures are blurry thanks to some itty bitty sticky fingers on my camera lens). Thanks to the very talented Janeal, I learned how to make one of these cake toppers, which despite my lack of craftiness, turned out pretty acceptable.


All the grandkids with Great Grumma. Aren't they such a great looking bunch? And yes, she is posing with the gun from before. Don't mess with her.

And any family gathering should be concluded with a round (or two) of margaritas. This picture was before the night turned into quite a few hilarious stories.


After eating ourselves into oblivion and getting in some last minute hugs and kisses, we headed back to Virginia. I have to stop here and say how thankful I am to have an extremely patient husband. He ran around the entire airport with Audrey to wear her out. They played hide and seek, threw this little toy dog around and chased after him repeatedly, and watched all the planes fly by. Nick could care less how dorky he looks in public. All he cares about is making Audrey laugh. He is a kid at heart and in my opinion, that makes for a super dad.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Living so far away from family can be so tough. So glad you were able to go 'home' for Thanksgiving! The Grand Marquis picture is funny. :)

benarinn said...

love these pics, laura! and you're right-- a big kid does make such a great dad! we miss you all. xo

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...