Have I mentioned how obsessed Audrey is with walking dogs? Oh I did already? Ok, just making sure because I'm pretty sure she is going to pass up college and become a professional dog walker.
Northern Virginia experienced its first real snow today and boy was it pretty.
I'm going to miss this neighborhood....
Now, there is more to this story. Originally, Nick got orders to....a completely unexpected place. We were both shocked when the news broke. Nick called and said I had exactly one hour to decide between....this completely unexpected place...and Camp Lejeune.
*Let me just pause right here and say that choosing between two places in the Marine Corps almost never happens. You get orders and thats it, you deal with it. Should I take this as a sign?*
How the heck do you decide the next three years of your life (and your family's life) in an hour? Especially if you're as indecisive as me? And don't even have the chance to discuss this with your spouse?! Well, in this scenario, you jump on google and research the pros vs cons. For...this completely unexpected place...the cons were about 10 to 1 pro. The pro being this place is pretty. So I chose Camp Lejeune and like every major decision in my life, I'm questioning if I made the right decision. Nick said I made the best decision for my family with the time I had. I have to say I chose the easier route and with this lifestyle being as tough as it sometimes, I think that was the right way to go. I have to trust my gut decision.
Anyways, I probably should be straightforward and just say what this...completely unexpected place is, but I'm exhausted with trying to defend my decision over and over again. So let's just say, Nick and I are moving to North Carolina. We will have a blast and won't look back.
Right?

4 comments:
REALLY....REALLY....I can't believe you didn't say where. We are sitting around the table and guessing.
I will be calling!
Love you
RIGHT! You made the right decision- you chose the place that would provide the best life for your family! As fun as 'pretty' places can be, nothing compares being close(r) to the ones you love.
Be confident in your decision! You know what's best for your family :)
So exciting! You know you made the right decision for you and your family!! I have heard great things about there!! It will be amazing! It is all what you make of it!
Believe me I know your indecision, having had to decide between the same "unexpected place" and Lejuene. I do NOT regret it at all... even if, and perhaps only, reason was simplicity. I admit that. It would have been AWESOME to go to that OTHER place... but for how long... and then you had to get back from there too...
as a side note, I am very excited the other place is here...
Post a Comment