Saturday, March 24, 2012

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

One of my favorite quotes. My grandfather (Popo) passed away this past Thursday at the age of 84. A W0rld War II vet, a successful farmer, a Christian, father, grandfather, great grandfather, and so much more. He was a part of The Greatest Generation and set a wonderful example for those around him by being an extremely hard worker. Unfortunately, cancer had no mercy during these past few months. During times like these, when its difficult to grasp losing a loved one, its comforting to know they are in a better place, where pain and suffering does not exist.

Here is a picture of him, my grandmother, and Audrey during Christmas of 2010, one of the last few times that I saw him.

Most of my childhood summers and holidays were spent running free on his farm, fishing, exploring acre after acre, and just enjoying the country landscape. Wonderful memories.
Thankfully, Nick arrives home late Saturday night so we can all fly out together on Sunday to be there to say goodbye.

After a month of being away, we are SO ready to have Nick back. I plan on recording his little reunion with Audrey to see how she reacts. Should be priceless. I'm done with my second cup of coffee and ready to tackle this day, where I will serve as a bridesmaid and watch one of my friends get married. Wish Nick could be here. Weddings alone are no fun.

So I'll end this post with a final goodbye and toast to Daniel Peter Brom. We will miss you always.

3 comments:

Tina said...

So sorry to hear about you Popo. Your family will be in out hearts and prayers this weekend!

Tina said...

oh, sorry. "in our"!!

Crazy Love said...

We are so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived a wonderful life!Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...