Wednesday, October 24, 2012


I apologize for letting more than a week lapse since my last update.  We haven't been up to much, just the typical "hanging out with other wives who husbands are gone" events.  Funny how our social lives skyrocket when the other half is gone...kinda like...who should I have dinner with tonight?  But we miss Nick terribly and good news!  He should be home by tomorrow evening, a whopping 48 hours early, hooray!

But I do have a few pictures from the past week...

I got hit in a library parking lot.  This marks the FOURTH time someone has hit my bumper, none of them my fault.  I swear my Accord is cursed.


The other night I almost had a heart attack.  I glanced at the video monitor and saw what appeared to be two enormous spiders on Audrey's chest.  My body felt like it was crumbling inside.  While I sat motionless, my mind racing on how I was going to rescue my sweet baby girl, it slowly dawned on me that those black "spiders" were actually palm trees on Audrey's tshirt (from the Hawaiian St. Rose Festival).  My panic attack quickly subsided but I had to snap this picture because its quite alarming, isn't it?


I snapped this picture at a family gym as I peeked at Audrey through the glass windows, rocking a baby!  When did my baby start taking care of a baby?  So bittersweet!  But she was so proud of herself and I even caught her singing to the baby, proud mother moment!



An evening at a park led to Audrey discovering a trail and taking off.  Her long legs make for a fast runner.



Without spoiling too much of her Halloween costume (really a theme with the whole family) I thought I would share her first face painting experience.  We went to a Halloween event at an aquarium this evening and Audrey was so enamored with the costumes and the fish and the turtles that she could have cared less about the candy (=awesome!).



2 comments:

diana said...

The one of her with the baby doll is so sweet!

Crazy Love said...

She is so cute!!!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...