Ok, before I get to any pictures, I need to take a moment and write down some things that are cracking me up lately.
From the mouth of Audrey:
"Mommy, I want wings to fly to Grandma. Texas."
"Mommy, lay down. I change your diaper."
"Mommy, I scared of the bushy tail (squirrel)."
Whenever we are driving somewhere, she asks approximately 3,547 times "Where we going?" Over and over and over again. And when you ask her a question with the answer being a number, she always answers "4." How many green beans? 4. How old are you? 4. When do you want to go to sleep? 4.
I'm loving this age.
Ok, onto pictures. This was taken at a mall in Wilmington, the only decent mall in the area that takes an hour and half to get to! Hello, online shopping.
This was taken weeks ago, but Nick is almost finished with her bed and I will post pictures as soon as its completely finished. So far it looks AMAZING. Here is Audrey helping paint, rainboots necessary.
Everytime we are in the vicinity of PetsMart, I make it a point to stop and let Audrey wander around the pet exhibits (hey, we don't have a zoo around here). But her favorite part is watching the dogs get groomed. She could stay here for hours.
The hands in the pocket crack me up.
A few days after Thanksgiving, we headed to an oyster roast where Nick and I had raw oysters for the first time. Ewww...no thank you. Almost as good as liver pate, which I had for the first time last week.
In North Carolina, you can tell which season it is by which type of bug/insect/reptile is taking over your house. In the summer, its invasion of flies. Fall is daddy long legs (shudder) and now its lizards. They are EVERYWHERE and Audrey is obsessed.
But regardless of the nasty bugs that take over our house here in NC, I have to focus on the positive, like Audrey having the chance to be surrounded by a ton of friends. Here she is (on the end) as a friend's bday party.
Nick's battalion had a holiday party last week and while Audrey didn't stand still long enough to take a cute picture, she was able to concentrate on decorating her sugar cookie.
She also got to meet Gunny Clause, a novelty in the Marine Corps community because its Santa decked out in a red dress blue uniform, complete with medals and combat boots.
And she didn't cry!
The other day we went for a run and Audrey just had to stop and watch the construction workers. I think it made their day :)
On Friday, I helped out a friend by making 68 (!!!!!) cupcakes for an Officer Wive's Event. She originally wanted 135, but I had to put a cap on it because 68 took me close to 4 hours. I'm happy with the results and even though they were Duncan Hines mix (shhhh) I think everyone liked them.
I kinda like it when I drag out all of my cupcake supplies and my kitchen turns into a huge mess.
First time I used royal icing to pipe the snowflakes. Now my ideas are really flowing!
Laura so graciously let us borrow the Wii until Christmas and Audrey "played" Mario Cart the other night. And i have to admit, she might have been better than me.









2 comments:
She is so precious. Ten days till yall are back in TEXAS!
Oh my gosh.....ADORABLE!!!!! I truly love her Christmas dress! Who needs DC Cupcakes.....you are amazing!
Post a Comment