Sorry for the lack of blog updates, we have been running around the last few weekends and I haven't had a chance to sit down and add the latest installments of pictures. And I know I've said this before, but I feel so so so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends and families, some we have gotten to know very well during the last few years. I feel like I've hit the point in my life where I realize how incredibly important (true) girlfriends are. The type that you just NEED to see, the type who make you so very happy, the type that you can count on no matter what, the type that you can pick up right where you left off. As much as I think Jacksonville, NC is lacking in SO many areas (where do I begin?) I wouldn't trade some of these friendships for anything.
Anyways, sorry for the sap. Let's start with a movie date night Nick and I had a few weeks ago. We (nick) indulged in this huge bucket of popcorn while we shuddered through Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 3D. My pick, the scarier the better! Don't worry, Audrey was not with us.
We spent a day in Wilmington at the Serpentarium Museum. Lots and lots of exotic, poisonous and gnarly looking snakes. SO COOL! I did get a little claustrophobic and anxious while being enclosed by cases of snakes lunging at me, but we learned so many cool facts and got to see some of the most venomous snakes in the world. Fantastic.
Wilmington is becoming a favorite city of mine.
Have I mentioned how cool our street is? Families host different events and once a month, the ladies get together for a themed bunco. This month was a Jimmy Buffet theme so I decided Tequila Pineapple would hit the spot on a cold winter day. Everyone loved it, probably because I added WAY too much tequila.
We enrolled Audrey in swim lessons and as much as she was a daredevil and water buffalo during the summer, she surprised us all by being extra clingy and scared during her first lesson. She never let go of Nick's neck.
There are some pretty cool aquariums in the area and Audrey and a good friend spent an entire day running through the exhibits. At toddler time, Audrey volunteered herself to be a jellyfish.
And then they got to touch a REAL jellyfish, although I think it was dead (right?). Kinda gross but Audrey dived right in.
We went to a Fairy Tale Princess lunch and Audrey was adorned with glitter and makeup by this pretty mermaid. Days later, that darn glitter is still attached to her scalp.
She takes cupcake eating very seriously.
Audrey was front and center and didn't move a muscle, except to stroke the mermaid's fins.
A rare find: a picture of Audrey and me TOGETHER! An even more rare find: a picture that makes my boobs look big.
The other morning, Audrey slipped and hit her head pretty hard on the hardwood floor. After hysterically crying, I calmed her down and asked what she needed. She immediately stopped sobbing and asked that we bake cookies. You got it, kid!
The circus is in town (ok, in the nearest BIG town, 2.5 hours away) so we are headed to Raleigh to see lions and tigers and bears. But we are taking advantage of cool restaurants and shopping (Lululemon!) and the Children's Museum so are making an entire weekend getaway. So excited!










1 comment:
I loved the huge boob picture and I started laughing out loud about Audrey's serious cupcake eating.
Post a Comment