Ok, I lied. We really haven't been up to that much in the last six weeks. Probably because I was hunched over in stomach pain and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch? But here are a few...I've taken a belly picture every week since I found out I was pregnant but I'm hesitant to post those because I took all of them when I first woke up. Not a pretty sight. Maybe once I "pop" and look more pregnant I will post those. But here are a few:
One morning Audrey woke up a tad bit sick and all I could think was "Gosh, she is so pretty even sick!"
We had the annual artillery ball, St. Bab's, on March 1st in New Bern, NC and even with my eyes closed, this is probably the best picture all night. And this was the first time I ever wore pink to a formal function and let me just say, it was fun to wear something out of my comfort zone.
I snapped this one Saturday while at the park. The background is Morgan Bay which leads to the Atlantic and even though I drive by this water on a daily basis, I'm trying to not take these views for granted. I remember driving away from California and sighing as I said goodbye to the mountains in my rear view mirror. I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about every place we live.
Here is Nick's sidekick, helping him with his latest woodworking project. We have been looking for a new dining room table but were unlucky in finding something I liked that was made of REAL wood. So Nick jumped at the opportunity for another project and is designing a dining room table after the Pottery Barn one I loved but couldn't imagine veneer lasting that long with two young children. I will post pictures once its done. I gave him a deadline of April 30th of when I'm hosting an event at our house.
Nick's work unit put together an amazing Easter Eggstravanganza and Audrey sat patiently (first time for everything, heh?) while her face was painted. Cute little bunny if I say so myself.
Even though I joke that Wayne and Stanley are quite possibly the world's laziest animals, Audrey adores them.
We got "flocked" one morning and Audrey was in hog heaven with these flamingos. Getting "flocked" was a way for the Officer Spouse's Club to raise money for Relay for Life; you give money in order to choose the next victim that woke up to a flock of flamingos in their yard.
Yikes, these are out of order. Back to some Easter pictures. We made a trip up to DC to visit Trice and Bret and Audrey got to experience her very first taxi ride.
And this is how the majority of our pictures turn out:
The weather could not have been any more beautiful on the Saturday before Easter, so we walked around the National Mall and stopped in the Museum of Natural Science. Here is Audrey taking a popcorn break, where she fed most of it to the birds. I'm already planning on her being Snow White for Halloween.
This Easter Bunny saved the day! We headed back to the hotel after Easter mass and told Audrey the Easter bunny had left her an Easter basket and wouldn't you know? He was literally waiting inside the front doors, perfect timing!
Our little family! The last major holiday as a family of three.
Ahh...my happy place. The nation's best grocery store. After 7 hours in the car, this was a much needed break and brought back wonderful memories. This is where we met Paula Deen, where we spent countless dinner dates, and where I got giddy every time I walked in the doors as I grabbed the most beautiful produce known to man. Seriously, after shopping at the Jacksonville commissary, I will never take good produce for granted ever again.
Back in North Carolina, I made a major discovery: Blue Bell is now being sold in stores in this area. Even better yet, the commissary (of all places!) now carries it as well. I told Nick its my obligation to buy a half gallon every time I go to the commissary in order to keep the demand up.
What a lucky little girl! Two circuses in just a couple of months?! This was a big top circus and though definitely on a different scale that Ringling Brother's, was still a fascination to Audrey. She got to ride a stinky elephant...
...and a pony! This only kid syndrome is going to come to an end pretty soon.
A good friend is coaching Jacksonville's lacrosse team so we've made it out to a few games to cheer them on. Audrey is on the right, enjoying the game with her sweet friend, and I can't help but think how pretty she looks with her tan skin and natural blonde hair.
We celebrated a friend's birthday at the beach last weekend and I volunteered to bring the cupcakes; lemon with lemon buttercream and strawberry with strawberry cream cheese icing. The strawberry was to die for! The recipe was a keeper with real chunks of strawberries thrown into the batter. Its been a long time since I've had the chance to experiment with cupcakes and I forgot how much I LOVE it.
Nick and Audrey have developed a little tradition. Every Saturday there is a little old man selling hot dogs at Lowe's, and whenever they have to make an errand out there, they split a hot dog while sitting on his tailgate. This has happened about 4 times and I've never been a part of it :( I guess this really is one of their special moments. It involves food, big surprise.
Last Sunday, we redid our ENTIRE front flower beds, which are HUGE. Last summer we made the gigantic mistake of not putting down a weed protector before the mulch so by spring our flower beds look horrible. We had to bag everything up (23 contractor bags to be exact) and everything looks amazing, I love it! All of our flowers are coming back and even though I can't keep a darn plant alive, am determined to make this work. All we need is a bigger A&M flag and I think we are set.







1 comment:
Wonderful post! Audrey is so beautiful! Can't wait to see the baby bump and the table too! Love y'all
Post a Comment