Having kids definitely makes you younger and that statement proved true recently when Nick, a 180 pound adult, enjoyed this roller coaster toy even more so than the kids:
Awesome action shot of Audrey going backwards. Probably not the safest idea...
Last Thursday a friend and I attempted to try out the local zoo and I kicked myself in the rear when we got there and realized they are closed on a Thursday. So much for reading all the fine print on a website. I had talked up the zoo all morning and my heart broke for Audrey when she looked at me next to the padlocked gate pleading to go in and see the animals. I felt like such a terrible mother so in order to make it up to her, Nick and I took her back on Saturday morning. Let me set the stage: the ticket booth stood right next to a dilapidated trailer house that could have been straight out of a horror movie. The paths were all dirt and we looked at each other beforehand knowing full well we shouldn't expect much. But, I was wrong and we were pleasantly surprised. Audrey loved the animals and even disobeyed the rules and tried multiple times to cross the rope and touch the "exotic" animals.
Thankfully, on Saturdays they bring out animals to feed and touch so Audrey was in hog heaven:
We had family portraits done Saturday night on the beach and after seeing a few previews...wow...I didn't realize how big my belly is. Wow again. Hopefully a few editing touches by the photographer will eliminate my breakouts and I can actually post some of the good ones.
We spent all of Sunday again at the beach and ran into neighbors from our street so ended up staying out there WAY longer than expected because Audrey was having a blast with her friends. Ahh. This view? I could never get tired of it. This right here is what I love most about North Carolina and Camp Lejeune.
And letting your two year old apply sunscreen to your back is never a good idea. I had every intention of reapplying once there but totally forgot and ended up with this sweet sunburn:




No comments:
Post a Comment