Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Insomnia has hit.  For the past week I can't seem to fall asleep.  Part of it is being uncomfortable, part of it is my mind racing thinking of everything I need to do before Peanut gets here, part of it is third trimester nausea (worse than 1st trimester) and part of it is just plain missing Nick.  I've already tried to lay down in bed for the past hour and gave up, which is why I'm updating this blog.  Problem is, I'm so extremely tired the next day that its hard to function; so why can't I fall asleep at night?  I've already made myself sick from lack of sleep and I'm thinking my next option may be Benadryl to make it through these last couple (hopefully) of weeks.  

Anyways, enough complaining on my part; I had my 36 week OB appt and everything looks great.  Blood pressure is staying low and he is head down...hallelujah.  My cervix is completely closed so I know he won't be making his arrival anytime soon. 

Knowing my travel opportunities are now at a standstill and will be until Christmas, a good friend and I spent a day over the Labor Day weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Between four kids, a hugely pregnant woman who can't drink coffee, and an almost 6 hour roundtrip road trip, it was exhausting but entirely worth it.  We first stopped at the Ripley's Aquarium where Audrey and her little friend got to meet a "real life" mermaid.  Ha.  They even got to touch her glittery tail.  



And yet again, this fearless girl went right for the touch tank and picked up this horseshoe crab, his yucky feet squirming around, like it was a toy.  I squealed and she laughed.  


What do you do when you can't slow down for a nap during the day?  Why you fill up with sugar, of course.  This was outside a fudge shop.


We attempted the outlet mall but with extremely hot and humid weather, four tired kids and a Labor Day crowd, we called it quits.  Luckily, we had reservations at Medieval Times which was a huge hit.


The military discount included free upgrades to the front row, Audrey was in heaven being that close to the horses.  She sat and watched this TWO HOUR show with no problem.


And got to meet the Queen afterwards.


Audrey also started a little basketball team, coached by a good friend who has tons of experience as a coach for middle and high schoolers.  Practice is actually pretty regimented and a hard workout, but these matching shirts make it even more cute.


Yesterday was the third practice and coach said that she believes Audrey has a natural ability for basketball; she was able to dribble and shoot.  Definitely not our kid.


And these next set of pictures bring me to a very bittersweet moment.  Laugh if you will because she is only three, but I still get a lump in my throat thinking about her growing up and moving onto bigger and better things.  This was taken the morning of her first day of preschool.  She requested dunk eggs.


And as many of you have seen on Facebook, this is her posing before we left.  What a personality!


Bright blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin...yeah she looks nothing like me!


And even though I've been sending her to the CDC here on base about once or twice a week for the past year, this preschool at a new location was hard.  I teared up and walked away before anyone saw me.  My little girl.  Who used to be so dependent on me, needed me, asked for me...is now independent.  If I could, I would do the last three years all over again and relive every baby moment, every toddler moment, everything.  I know I have so much to look forward to for many many years to come, this was just a hard day for me.  Blame it on being a super emotional pregnant woman?


We are a third of the way done with this deployment.  I feel like I've done ok, Audrey has done ok.  But recently its been a bit hard.  Maybe because I know our baby will be here soon, or maybe because other husbands will soon be home.  But this isn't fun.  This isn't easy.  We can stay super busy throughout the day and be with people, but you still feel empty and lonely.  Especially at night.  I just want Nick home.  

I really shouldn't write blog updates when its late at night.  Everything seems so much brighter and happier in the morning sunshine.  So I will leave on a happy note:  I had a wonderful baby shower today leaving me feeling very loved and blessed.  I will post an update with pictures on that soon!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I adore these posts! She's absolutely precious!!!
Honey I know you miss Nick. I wish he was home too.
Love you!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...