Diana informed me the other day its been a month since I've updated this blog. A month. Where did it go? Nick's new job, OPSO (Operations Officer) has been quite time consuming. He could stay at work until 10pm every night just to finish his endless responsibilities, but he checks out at a decent hour so he can see his kids and play dad even if its just for an hour a day. I'm usually running around like crazy until 6/630 until Nick gets home, then its a rushed dinner, rushed bath time, and lights out by 7/715 so we don't have overly tired kids the next day. As soon as they are down, I jump on the microscope and Nick starts writing another assignment for his Master's degree. We zonk out no later than 10pm. This is our crazy life right now, but thats where we've been the last month.
I thought I had more pictures from 30 days of life to entertain you with, but unfortunately, I have mostly Facebook repeats. Here is a picture of Audrey pushing her baby doll brother around. My gosh, does he love his sister. His face lights up every time he sees her. I cannot wait for him to start waddling around so they can do things together.
Ethan loves stroller rides. I'm so used to pushing a double stroller that when its just him and me going on a run, I feel like I'm flying.
Audrey shocks me every day by how grown up she is starting to look. I don't want her to. I want her to keep her baby face, her pudgy belly, her sticky fingers, her unkept hair, her mismatched clothes. Nick and I make it a point to focus on her personality traits: how funny she is, how smart she is, how responsible she is. She often changes her outfit multiple times a day and then asks "Mommy, do I look pretty?" And my answer is always the same: "How you treat others is what makes you pretty." Corny, I know. But I hope it sticks.
My buddy. Seven months. Well, technically almost eight since I'm so far behind on this blog. But at seven months, he is sitting up unassisted, can perch himself up on all fours, smiles and laughs constantly, and is overall a happy fella. He nurses on demand, eats pureed foods, and absolutely loves bananas. Will eat anything if its mixed with a banana puree. He takes about 2-3 30 minute naps a day, goes to sleep at 7, but is up every 3 hours, a habit I"m trying to break. I'll probably start getting serious around the year mark because honestly, I don't mind snuggling and holding him in the middle of the night. Just him and me. Rocking him until he falls asleep in my arms. I'll get out of bed any hour if that means more time with my baby who is already getting too big.
A couple weekends ago, we went to a traveling carnival that made its stop at Camp Lejeune. Audrey had a blast but was a little terrified of this ride that she did with Nick.
We also went to an air show in Cherry Point which was amazing! Very cool to see formation flying and stunt devils.
This picture shows off his blonde hair...he is quickly becoming a toe-head!
No worries, just a photo op with an animal cracker. No food particles were absorbed.
And now, at seven months, Ethan has been to the ER twice. A few weekends ago, he started running a high fever. My sweet baby became inconsolable, so when I called the nurse advice line and told her his situation, she recommended we take him to the base ER. This was waiting for the ER doctor....
...who diagnosed him with a double ear infection. He was miserable, as seen in the below picture. No smiles EVEN for Audrey. Thats when you know something really is wrong.
He quickly recovered and we were back to enjoying the beautiful North Carlina weather we've had the last few weeks. We went kayaking one random evening since this marina is only a mile from our house. After two years here in Lejeune, I finally feel settled. I'm so incredibly happy here. I'm planning on making the most of our summer and last year here in NC. I mean, we have a 20 minute drive to a private beach. What more can you ask for? Thank you Marine Corps!










No comments:
Post a Comment