How do you even begin to write a blog post about one of the most amazing trips you've ever taken? Include all 600+ pictures? Write chapter after chapter? This will be hard to try and describe to you some of the highlights from our trip when every picture seemed like a highlight. Seriously, so much fun. I'm so glad we decided to take this family vacation. I thought having two young kids in tow would prove to be difficult but we didn't hit one single snag. I've had trips to the commissary that were more difficult than a four day trip to Disney World. Ethan slept like a champ wherever he was, was able to go on a ton of rides even at 13 months, and Audrey was in heaven seeing princesses and proving to us how brave she was on every ride.
But let's get started. The first thing you do when you get to Disney? Strip down to your birthday suit. I just now realized that golf cart probably got quite the view. Hello World!
Ok, no really, you instantly become a pack mule. This was the first night we arrived and were on our way to start exploring the grounds around the hotel.
Our first picture inside the parks was on Main Street USA with the Magic Kingdom castle in the background. Call me a dork, call me whatever you want, but I may have teared up when we turned the corner and I saw this castle. Waiting 33 years, seeing this through other people's pictures, on TV, in movies, and finally seeing this in person? Disney does bring out the kid in you.
We purposely went to Disney during one of the lowest attendance periods and were able to walk onto lots of rides, allowing us to do more than we ever imagined.
Another signature Disney World picture, the Epcot sphere. The ride inside this sphere was space oriented and pretty cool.
Dinner at Biergarten in Germany.
The second day was Animal Kingdom and even though it poured, we were able to see the #1 show at Disney: Festival of the Lion King. So much lights, sounds, music, fire, dancers..
This guy was mesmerized. Then was asleep a minute after this was taken.
We went on some safaris...
Saw a ton of characters...
...and then got to meet them in person!
Nick bugged me about our second dinner, which was African themed, the entire week leading up to our trip. He couldn't believe I didn't sign us up for authentic Mexican food in Mexico. But Boma didn't disappoint and hard to see, but these were the drummers welcoming us to dinner.
Late nights for Ethan. Tired guy wasn't even phased by being wrapped in a pink blanket.
One of my favorite memories, taking this ferry to the Magic Kingdom from the hotel. Beautiful to see Disney World lit up at night.
Our hotel had amazing breakfasts and we spent many minutes at this table every morning fueling up on coffee and bacon.
The third day was Magic Kingdom again because you really can't see everything in one day. This was a 3D show that was awesome.
And thankfully we were able to catch the parade that has every single princess pass by on the float. I got so excited when I saw Belle, that people turned around to look, and I felt like a huge loser. But again, when you see this in person, its SO MUCH FUN even as an adult.
One of our Fast Passes was meeting Cinderella and Rapunzel in person and I've never heard Audrey be so quiet in her life during these moments. Star struck.
Back at Epcot, we rode Test Track, where you design and race your own car. Nick was in heaven.
I was SO excited for Audrey about our dinner at the Royal Banquet Hall. Every princess comes directly to your table at dinner so you can talk to her and take pictures. I was on Disney's website for weeks trying to see if a reservation opened up because its that hard to get in. This was supposed to be the biggest highlight of the trip. We get to dinner, and just as the princesses start arriving, both of our phones die. No camera. Every princess came and went. Then, as a last resort, I tried my phone one last time and it magically turned on. The princesses were nice enough to come back and take pictures with Audrey all over again.
The last day was HollyWood Studios and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids exhibit was just what I imaged it to be when I watched this 20+ years ago.
Ethan was Nick's "b-box" while walking to the stunt show:
Audrey rode Tower of Terror twice and showed me her scary face while waiting in line. I can't believe this little girl. Didn't bat an eyelash for any ride.
Our last night we went to Downtown Disney,
And dined at TRex which was by far our most favorite restaurant ever!
There was a meteor show every 20 minutes when the dinosaurs became wild. #1 recommended restaurant!
Lots and lots of pictures of Audrey next to a Frozen themed picture...
And lots and lots of memories of Ethan growling at every dinosaur and every animal. He definitely perfected his roaring ability while at Disney.
Four days going nonstop left these two exhausted.
This was on the plane ride home. Long plane ride home. I'm sure every mom can relate to the "I'll subject myself to torture just to keep you quiet" moments. Pulling out chunks of my hair? Go ahead, just please don't upset the people in front of us.
After a whirlwind of Disney, we came home for a day, only to unpack then repack for the 2/10 ball in Mrytle Beach, SC. This was the first occasion for Nick to wear his new dress blues as a Major, and this is the best picture you can expect from a 4 year old.
A little better. This was one of the best balls we've been to.
We arrived home on Sunday and made our first fire of the season.
Then, a mere 12 hours later, it was hot and we were outside playing in the rain while eating Oreos.
We've had enough excitement to last us for a while. I'm excited about our last Thanksgiving and last Christmas in NC.































No comments:
Post a Comment