Friday, December 19, 2014

Let's start with an image that will for sure start your day off better than mine started a few days ago.  Nothing like cleaning up trash from the bathrooms after Wayne and Stanley had torn through the bag. But this image also makes me realize that someday, just maybe, we will have a backyard with plentiful grass.


Audrey had her first dance recital last weekend and this was the rare occasion that I curled her hair and let her put on makeup.  She did great on stage.  She may be the youngest in her class, but she definitely knew the song and the movements.  So proud.


I love Nick's current unit, 2/10.   I love the CO and his wife.  I love the other families.  So going to unit events is much more fun and enjoyable.  We had a cookie exchange last weekend and Ethan wore this adorable jumper.  Do you know where we got this outfit? Nick wore this when he was a toddler.  Janeal made it.  Its now officially an heirloom and after careful washing, is stowed away for Ethan's son.  


Speaking of, big news!!  This guy is walking!!  This was the night he took his first real steps.  Nick seems to be concentrating on him very intently.  He's making amazing progress every day and in a couple more weeks, we may officially have a full time walker on our hands.


Audrey's pre-K class had their Christmas performance this past week and this was the best picture we snapped before chaos started.  She smiled at us through every song and was so happy Nick was able to be there.  Seeing all of the other dads in attendance in their cammis made me so very thankful Nick is home this year for Christmas.  


I've seriously got to work on my photography skills.  Why can't I take normal pictures?  But, I really like this profile of Audrey.  She looks so tall, so pretty, so innocent.  


2/10's Christmas party where we met Gunny Claus and for people who never win anything, ever, we both won a raffle prize.  And we got to take home a cherry pie.  Winning all around.




I'll thrown in a picture of Wayne and his pony.  


And today.  Nick, the ultimate sneaky surpriser.  I woke up this morning and headed to Audrey's room to wake her up, only to find Nick laying in her bed, both giggling, a good two hours after he should have already left for work.  Dazed and confused, he tells me he took leave and that I could have the entire day to myself.  Pretty cool guy, isn't he?  I'm still trying to figure out how I lucked out by finding him.  I spent the morning in a meeting while Nick and Ethan went to the commissary, picked up Audrey, had lunch at chic-fil-a and purchased a gingerbread house from Target.  We all arrived home at the same time, while Nick demanded I go on a solo run.  While I took Audrey to dance, Nick made my favorite dinner, fettuccine Alfredo, and dessert, a pumpkin bundt cake.  He gave the kids a bath and cleaned up the kitchen.  I must say, he does this a lot.  He helps out more than I could ever ask of him; I rarely have to ask.  He cooks and bakes and does laundry and cleans and reads books to the kids and grocery shops and...well...if something ever happened to me, the kids would be ok. I snapped this picture of Nick and Ethan walking down the hallway in Audrey's school.  Little things like this made make me happy.


No comments:

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...