Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ahhh...nothing like staying in and relaxing on a Saturday night and feeling like you totally deserve it!  Work today was stressful to say the least.  Saturdays are never easy and this was one of the hardest days I've had since working at GIVF.  I was the acting supervisor since the rest were off site and I was responsible for signing out 3 cases.  What exactly does that mean?  Basically, I had the final word on reporting whether 3 women's embryos were genetically "normal" and did not carry any chromosomal defects.  Having that type of responsibility is HUGE in my book and I don't take it lightly.  I was exhausted by the end of the day but was anxiously awaiting Nick's "surprise" for me.  Drum roll....

A new camera!  Its a Canon EOS RebelXSi.  I have no idea what that means but Nick did his research for one of the best cameras out there and I couldn't be happier with it.  We've been playing with it all night and I feel so cool with it hanging around my neck and manually turning the zoom-I think I might like this new field of photography.  I'm so excited to bring this to Italy with us and capture some amazing images.  Nothing screams tourist like a huge camera hanging around your neck.  Heck, we might as well be sporting a fanny pack.  So here is my toy.  I don't think I've ever taken a picture of a camera...haha...



I've never been a "techy" person but this camera has totally grabbed my attention.  I think this blog will be updated with some pretty useless and redundant pictures of nothing important just so I can use this camera.  For instance, Nick and I had a craving for his mom's famous Easter cookies so decided to make a batch ourselves...and you thought our Saturday night couldn't get any cooler ;)  I'd say they turned out pretty well but I never seem to learn my lesson:  eating more cookie dough than you actually bake will leave you curled up on the couch with the worst stomachache.  I guess that just proves how awesome they turned out.

Wayne eyeing the goodies

Easter ducks with lemon icing...these were my creation and I'd say they turned out pretty awesome

We got bored with just ducks so had to play around some

And YES...I did help with the baking and here is the proof!  With my sidekick of course.

Just to show how amazing the clarity of this camera is...I've been taking tons of pictures these last few days.  

1 comment:

Tina said...

Awesome camera...so jealous!! Did you get an extra long zoom lens? Have Nick check into that...the lenses are very easy and quick to interchange and you can get lots of great close up pictures when you're far from the object. Have fun in Italy! Miss you guys!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...