After what seemed like weeks of rain, yesterday was finally a ray of sunshine. Literally. We had beautiful weather, hot even. The entire neighborhood was out soaking up the Vitamin D and running around free from the weight of jackets. It was great.
I was instantly brought back to our days in California. Our wonderful, wonderful time in the sunshine state. Or is that Florida? Anyways, I have such fond memories of California. Moving there as newlyweds, seeing the west coast and Pacific ocean for the first time, welcoming Nick home from a deployment. My heart physically aches to be back there. Its hard to describe. But the smell of the ocean, the cool breeze, that place is like none other. I belong there. I NEED to be back there for my mental sanity. Are you listening Marine Corps?
But this is completely out of our control. All we can do is state our preferences and cross our fingers. We won't even know until December sometime where we will be moving, but if we don't find ourselves back in California, I will beg and plead Nick to take me back for a visit so I can hold onto a piece of California happiness a bit longer.
Look at that view. This was a monstrous hill we would run close to our tiny (and perfect) apartment.
We would ride our bikes to the ocean and enjoy views like this.
On a cruise to Coronado Island off the coast of California. Oh my gosh, I might cry right now with how bad I want to be back there!
We (I, Nick was deployed) spent a year in Oceanside and three months in 29 Plams. For those that don't know, 29 Palms is in the middle of the Mojave Desert. Once an army base way back when, they declared it uninhabitable and gave it to the Marine Corps. It really is desolate but you know what? I have very fond memories of that place as well. It was beautiful.
Look how young we look. Oh my! Off to go apply some retinol around my eyes...
x
2 comments:
I miss 29 Palms too. We never lived on the coast but can only assume it was gorgeous! Oh, and you look fantastic!!!
You are just as gorgeous now as you were then! xoxo
Post a Comment