I'm happy to report someone has done a complete 180. Remember her separation anxiety? Seems those days are long gone. I'd like to say it was the techniques I used, or my persuasive abilities, but I'm beginning to believe her clinginess coincided with her teething. Now that she has two itty bitty teeth jutting out, she's a new baby. The last few times we went to the gym, they moved her into the big kid section and she did so wonderfully she didn't want to leave. So I took this as a sign that she needs more playtime with kids her own age. Sadly, I can't be her constant entertainment for the entirety of the day. Bittersweet.
Yesterday we tried out a free Gymboree class. And yes, the same company that makes the clothing also has stores with huge playgrounds, learning classes, music classes, art classes, the whole sha-bang. For 45 mintues, we used various equipment to work on different body movements, played with bubbles, a parachute, learned how to share with other kids. I don't know who had more fun, her or me running around in my socks on the slippery mats. Granted, the teacher was a little coo-coo and her high pitched voice made me a little nauseous, but the kids stared at her when she talked, so she knows what she's doing. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but next time I promise to snap some of a little girl who is breaking out of her shell.
So I will leave you with the next best thing: her new hair do courtesy of daddy.
3 comments:
when Jack and Grace were her age they loved going to those Gymboree classes, they are especially nice to go to in the winter time :)
That is awesome about the separation anxiety! When we lived in NC, we went to Little Gym classes and LOVED it. There is no Little Gym, Gymboree, etc... in our area of OK. :(
I'd love to attend Gymboree with you and Audrey. I think Justin would love it!
Post a Comment