Saturday, May 21, 2011

This may be my last blog post for the next week or so, as my wonderful mom arrives tomorrow morning. She graciously offered to stay here in Quantico while Nick and I make our first trek to New York City. New York City! (I can't help but think of the Pace Think and Chunky Salsa commercial. "This stuff's made in New York City!") Anyways, back on track, Nick and I will only be gone three nights but this is a big deal. We are not only going on a mini vacation, but we will be leaving her for the first time for an extended period. I know she will be in good hands and this gives her and my mom some quality time together, but I'm going to miss her like crazy. She is old enough that she knows I'm not there with her and this breaks my heart. Does every mom go through this?

I promise to post pictures as soon as we get back. Statue of Liberty, Greenwich Village food tour, dinner with Nick's cousin, tickets to the Blue Man Group. We are both super excited to visit the Big Apple, just wonder why we have lived here over three years and are just now making the visit? Hopefully it will live up to our expectations. And hopefully we won't stand out too much as tourists. Guess I should leave my fanny pack and white sneakers at home :)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Have fun in the Big Apple! Check in with Grandma but have fun. That's the point. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Sew Stella said...

Definitely wear the fanny pack!!! Is it black leather?? AWESOME!! ;)

I have yet to be away overnight for some of the same reasons (and some other reasons...) but it will be SO AWESOME!!!!

I can't wait to see pics of the big apple!

Robin said...

Your baby is SO CUTE. Just adorable. I hope you have a fun few days away and don't miss her too much. :)

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...