Around 6 this evening, I dropped Nick and his buddy off for Mess Night, which in layman's terms is basically an excuse for Marines to put on their dress blues and drink the night away. So after Audrey went to bed and I had my no thrill dinner of salad, I was uber excited to skip out on other essential tasks around the house and watch my DVR'd episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County. But instead I found myself drawn to sifting through old photos and I couldn't stop. For the past two hours, I've been browsing through some of the first photos of Nick and I, close to 9 years ago and I couldn't help but laugh and smile (and cringe, specifically my clothing choices). Such as this one of Nick and I on one of our first days in San Diego. Nick wouldn't be caught dead wearing that outfit today. A cowboy hat and running shoes. Oh my.
Or this one. One of our many strolls through the BEAUTIFUL Carlsbad, CA boardwalk. Why in the heck is Nick wearing a shirt that says "Stanley's Dad. " IN PUBLIC? And why are his jeans rolled like a teenage girls? Were we really that carefree, gnarly type of kids in California?

This is better. We finally came to our senses. Taken in 2004 when Nick was at TBS. We look like babies.
This is a favorite. Taken in 2003 I believe. Here with two of his sisters and grandparents at the Burn's Supper in Houston. Now that's a special memory.
Off to bed, nothing like a stroll through memory lane to make your brain feel like mush.
4 comments:
doesn't it feel like it is going by so fast! and we will be 30 this year, run a Tough Mudder and a Marathon within a week of each other . . YIKES! the good news is though especially with having kids, this time just keeps getting better :)
-Beka
OMG! I started to giggle at Nick for his cowboy hat and running shoes, but you look great! Sometimes I think I take too many pictures but then know that decades down the road I'll be thinking I never took enough!
This was hilarious! I love "Stanley's Dad"! haha
I know what you mean.. time does fly by with kids. You're doing great.. taking lots of pics and not taking a single day for granted. :)
Hilarious!! I love watching you through the blog... makes me want to start blogging again... probably will here in a bit... I especially love the stanley's dad one!!!
Post a Comment