Let me paint you a picture. Imagine riding your bike 10 miles. But not just any 10 miles. I'm talking 10 miles through backwoods trails, uphill, over logs, and across narrow bridges. Now imagine doing that for 12 hours. That's exactly what Nick and his friend did this past Saturday in the annual Cranky Monkey Endurance race here in Quantico. After months of training, they were pumped to show off their skills.
To give you perspective on how difficult this was, Nick would do one lap of 10 miles and arrive home drenched in sweat, panting, and completely exhausted. Trail riding is extremely hard work. On Saturday, he did 5 of those loops. Official results aren't out yet, but they came in around 8th place in their division. Not too shabby.
I've always known Nick to be obsessed with working out and staying fit. He loves to see how far he can push himself. Its one of his better qualities, to have the motivation and dedication and never give up. But Saturday just proved how fit and strong he really is. I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. He blew me away and I'm so proud of him.
After the first lap and realizing what a long day it would turn out to be.
But never once complained and was smiles the entire time.
1 comment:
WOW! That's intense, seven pounds in water weight! Great to know Nick is in love with the outdoors, and he married a woman who supports him. That's what I love about Ryan and his marathons, I get a kick just waiting for him at the finish line and I know he loves seeing me there!!
Post a Comment