Sunday, July 10, 2011

What a difference a year makes. Exactly one year ago I drove out to Alexandria to watch Nick command AIB in shooting the howitzers to start off the firework display to celebrate the city's birthday. I was 8.5 months pregnant and HUGE. I was dining with Nick's sister and (then) fiance without realizing how much time had passed. Being in danger of missing the beginning of AIB's performance (and thus a disappointed husband) I literally ran about half a mile in heels. Did I mention I was 8.5 months pregnant? Only 6 days later would I be welcoming a little girl into the world. Here is a picture from that day. See? Huge.



















And last night we made the trek yet again to cheer on Nick's now former battery. He has since checked out of TBS but this battery and these guys meant a lot to him, so being there to support them was a no brainer. I watched from a distance as Nick's former Marines came up and gave him a high five, a slap on the back. These guys actually liked their CO and I have to say I was pretty darn proud of Nick for keeping such a cool professional relationship with all these guys.

Here is a family picture from last night. Little Miss Audrey stayed up until 10pm to watch her first fireworks and did great. She was a real trooper and crashed immediately on the way home. What a great way to end a Saturday, good job AIB!


1 comment:

Tina said...

Reminiscing is so much fun. By the way, you looked great for 8.5 months preggers! Maybe that .5 mile jog encouraged Audrey to make her entrance.

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...