Friday, September 30, 2011

What happens when you (or to be more correct, your husband) gives a one year old an entire bag of goldfish? Do you get a mess? NO! You get a goldfish PAR-TAY!!!! (edited to note: this is nick's description of anything that turns into a mess. Shredded cheese smushed on the floor? Cheese party!)

Trying to be economical, Audrey didn't want to waste any of these treasured pieces so proceeded to eat them off the floor....

Then decided to share (she is really good at sharing) her goldfish with me. (weird, my hand looks very similar to a ghost. See the contrast? And how lucky Audrey is to have this beautiful tan complexion?)

Then she continued to look extra cute that there was no way I was going to end this party.

Sheesh. I love this little girl so much, sometimes its almost too much to bear. I've always heard the love you have for a child is so different and so strong and so passionate, unlike any other love in this world. And its true.

The other morning Nick brought her downstairs and as soon as she saw me, she reached up her little arms and stumbled towards me chirping "meh-meh" (thats her name for me). That moment right there will forever stick in my mind. I think I teared up. Out of (almost) 30 years of living, that image may be one of the top 5. I so love being her meh-meh.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO SWEET! she is just adorable! make sure you get that talk on tape, you think you will never forget it and i hate to say it but you do!

Tina said...

Has she tried to drink from the dog's water bowl yet? Goldfishies from the carpet are the best, especially when picking them up involves no hand use...like Justin does now!! Super cute!

Karen said...

Awwwww, how cute!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...