Thursday, May 17, 2012

What is the biggest advantage to an empty house?  Plenty of room to have a dance party!  I caught Audrey in mid-air during some sweet moves.


Wayne's biggest advantage to an empty house is that the trash is on his level.  No wonder he was sick later.


And this is where we currently reside.  We moved everything to our front room and I'm afraid to say it resembles a crack house.  Nick likes to refer to our situation as "squatters."  Google it, I had never heard the term and I thought he made it up.


We leave at 4 in the morning on Saturday to catch a flight to Phoenix where we will spend the next five days with Nick's family (and a few other family friends) to hike the Grand Canyon.  And by hike, I don't mean a leisure stroll.  I'm talking 24 miles the first day, rest, then 21 miles back.  Rim to rim.  We are talking some serious elevation changes.  

I'm not sure when I will be able to update this blog again.  We arrive back in Virginia for a few brief hours to check out of our base house, then head down to North Carolina.  We aren't sure about the internet connection at our temporary beach house so it may be some time before I'm back.  But I'm sure there will be LOTS to post about when I sign on again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Have a GREAT time at the Grand Canyon. I've been there a lot (grew up in AZ) but never hiked it . How fun!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...