Tuesday, September 20, 2011

After close to two hours at the pediatrician yesterday, they were able to rule out strep and a UTI, so we are back to assuming a mean virus has temporarily taken over her body. Thankfully, her temperature has decreased and I'm keeping my fingers crossed she wakes up completely healed.

Do you know how they obtain a sterile urine sample from a one year old? (let me interrupt here and comment how the nurse walked in and asked, in all seriousness, if Audrey was potty trained...are you kidding me?) They tape a plastic bag to her and then...wait. For 45 minutes! I gave her milk, water, tickled her, ran her hand under warm water...nothing. They gave her 5 more minutes before bringing in (gasp!) a catheter. And voila! I was ecstatic and only now can somewhat comprehend the joy parents must feel when their kids learn to potty train.

Thanks to all the calls and texts asking how Audrey was feeling, means the world knowing we have so many people near and far who really truly care about our little girl. And to think this was just a prolonged fever. How the heck am I going to deal with all the bumps and cuts and scrapes throughout her life? Can't I just build a big bubble and keep her safe and enclosed in that?


3 comments:

Tina said...

no bubbles allowed! wait til you have to put make up on your preschooler to cover up a black eye she gave herself by running into her brother's forehead (the day before school pictures)! oh, and hoping nobody thinks you beat your child!!

Jen said...

I hope your little feels better soon! She is a cutie :)

Crazy Love said...

Poor little girl...hope she is feeling better...don't worry trying to get a kiddo to pee when you want them to after they are potty trained is not fun either! One of the girls got checked for a UTI and it was soo frustrating to get her to pee when I needed her to! LOL

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...