Thursday, August 1, 2013



Wow.  I am so far behind this is embarrassing.  I should start where I left off and then through other blog posts try to catch up to current day.  I'm only about 3 weeks behind, that isn't too bad is it?

This post will mainly be about Aunt Diana and Aunt Laura's visit to NC.  I have like a hundred plus pictures from the four days they were here.  They are awesome.  I'm so so so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family.  Geez.  Now I'm tearing up.  Nick's sisters are the best.  They will drop anything to help, call when its needed, tell you "I love you" just because.  Oh man.  Maybe we will have a third child because I would love for Audrey to have a sister.  

Anyways, let's start with some proof of just how helpful they are.  With  my big belly getting in the way these days, giving Wayne and Stanley a bath is quite the workout so just hours after jumping off the plane, they scrubbed these scoundrels clean.


They made us lunch pretty much every day.  This was a hamburger bun grilled cheese sandwich.  


They helped beautify Audrey with some makeup.


We tried out a pizza joint in Swansboro one night and while walking off our dinner, we came across some little crabs walking along the shore.  I love this picture.


And even though it rained pretty much every day they were here, we made it a point to head to the beach.


Aunt Diana and Audrey did this over and over again.  Until the cord broke.  Which we have on video and is hilarious!



We ended up making three runs to the commissary in the four days they were here.  We saw a friend one time and days later she said "your sister in laws have quite a personality."  Yes, they do.  And its called awesome.  Because who else do you know plays games in a commissary to make a little girl laugh?


We also managed to get these two perros out for a walk.


We made a trip to Lowe's....


...to paint the nursery.  I seriously would not have painted this room if it wasn't for them.  And it looks SO much better now so baby boy has them to thank.


I can't remember who snapped this picture, but its currently my favorite.  


They taught Audrey (and me) that if you squeeze the little buds on a crape myrtle , little flowers will pop out.  So cool.


They taught me the REAL way to make a dunk egg.  


They scooped out watermelon seeds in the backyard in hopes a watermelon tree blooms next year.


They think the world of this little girl even though she has an interesting fashion style.


They took her to Dunkin Donuts so I could get some work done and gave her everything she wanted (birthday weekend, so everything flies).



And even with all of that, they helped me prepare for Audrey's third birthday party.  If I didn't have their help, I would have simply ordered a cake from the commissary.  But with them helping me in the kitchen, we accomplished TWO birthday cakes.  The Rapunzel one is actually Janeal's strawberry cake recipe with cream cheese icing that Diana perfected.  The bottom was Laura's cookie cake creation.  


We had to have enough sweets to keep all these kids happy:


Her smile says it all:  she had a great birthday party with all of her little friends.  We are so thankful we've met so many amazing people during our time in the Marine Corps.  And we are even more thankful we are all stationed here at Camp Lejeune at the same time.


She is 3.  My baby.  She will always be my little girl, even when her candle says 73.


1 comment:

Patrice said...

I agree Laura and Diana are AMAZING! I love all the pics too! Love you both SO much!

I know what you're thinking.  Whoa, Laura.  Less than six months between updates.  Big deal.  Even though I have nothing too earth shat...